Friday, 3 July 2015

Drugstore Pinks and Peaches



Hello Everyone!

Summer time is one of my favourite times of the year, it is also however, the time of year when I wear primarily Pink and Peach coloured lip products. So for today's post, I will be showing you some of my favourite Drugstore lip products for the summer time.



For the first of the peaches, is my trusty 'ol Revlon lip butter in Peach Parfait. Now I'm sure if you're a long time reader of my blog then you've already seen me talking about Revlon lip butters, however if you are new here and would to read more about Revlon lip butters then click here to read a more detailed review in to them. I personally really love lip butters purely due to the fact that they are build-able in terms of colour. So on one occasion I could choose to merely tint my lips however if I changed my mind, I could easily apply more for a bolder and more peachier colour. Meanwhile the Maybelline Color Sensational may be a lipstick, however its sheerness in colour and the build-able nature of it, makes it a summer favourite. Plus out of all these products the Maybelline Color Sensational has the prettiest packaging.


The Kate lipsticks has always been a drugstore favourite of mine, and once again I have spoken about these on my blog before,and even used them in a make up tutorial over on my YouTube channel. Although I don't usually wear lipstick during the day time, (especially in high temperatures) I do however wear lipstick during summer evenings out when its much cooler so it doesn't end up with lipstick literally melting. The Rimmel Kate lipsticks have always been a high quality product for me and I definitely want to purchase more colours, but for the ones I currently own: 07 has a peachy-pinky tone to it meanwhile if you are wanting a much more "pinkier" shade but not a bright vibrant one then I find shade 17 to be a beautiful natural looking shade of pink.


Once again, another product I have owned before but in different colours, and I'm pretty sure I have spoken about this one too, oops. However I purchased this just before the summer and I've recently been wearing it ALOT. Although the swatch of it in the image above makes it look almost pink, on application its actually much more a peach colour. Again with this product being a balm and not a lipstick its makes it much more ideal for the hotter summer days, plus with the fun fact that the fact that this product is in fact long lasting and does actually live up to its name: "Rimmel Lasting Finish Intense Colour Balm". Plus you pick this beauty up for under £5 woo!

Now I know I have spoken about my strong dislike of lipgloss before, and yes I do not like the sticky-ness and over shiny-ness of lipglosses that has certainly not changed. However I have made an exception for these product as they literally do not hold any of those qualities! If like me, you have a dislike to lip gloss then lip lacquers may be your saviour. The overall application and quality of the product is amazing, unlike lipsticks when dried these do not dry your lips out which is a problem I commonly face when wearing lipsticks. Also when set I find that these do last a good few hours before having to top up. Rimmel has a wide range of shades and despite shade 300 Out Of This World being shimmery, the shimmer is so discrete when applied it creates a beautiful light pink shade making it my current favourite colour - ever. Aurora is a more darker peach shade and still equally vibrant and wonderful just at this current moment in time I swaying more toward pinks.

So there are some of my current favourite pink and peach drugstore lip products!
Thank you so much for reading and I will see you next time!