Wednesday, 29 July 2015

10 thing's I'd Tell My Younger Self: Beauty Related


Despite still being young and still in my teens being 18 years old I have been through many phases in the last few years; (Many I would like to forget but oh well lets laugh it off.) So for today's post I thought I'd share 10 things I would tell my younger self about beauty and make up.

1. Ease up on the eyeliner girlfriend Like seriously you look like a panda with that much liner on.

2.Dry shaving is a big NONO It may seem like a quick solution to a hairy problem, (pun intended) but it will leave a nasty rash all over your legs and everyone will know that you're the silly billy who dry shaved their legs in the summer.

3.Foundation shades do matter, one colour does not suit all Unfortunately you're just going to have to deal with the fact that you're not the 2 shades too dark warm beige, but instead more porcelain pale.

4.Do not dye your hair dark Stick to the palette of shades natural for you so it will suit your skin tone, but don't worry blonde's have more fun!

5. Give up with on the red lip dream Again continuing on with the point of skin tones, red lippy doesn't suit you at all, not that its a bad thing, just stick to the plums, pinks and peaches.

6.Blend Blend Blend Foundation doesn't end at your chin, blend down into your neck, as no ones likes a foundation line.

7. Extension point to no4: Do not try to cut your own hair You're not some Nicky Clarke, please please please just leave all things hair to your hair dresser. 

8. Avoid cheap make up If its seems too good to be true it probably is. You've mostly likely just purchased an orange foundation or something that guaranteed to make you break out with spots, nice.

9. Be careful with the tweezer, don't over pluck Thin over plucked eyebrows are not a good look, in fact thicker eyebrows can make you look more youthful. Its better off to not pluck enough then way too much, trust me.

10. Learn to love the skin you're in Stop putting yourself down by comparing yourself to others. More so, stop worrying so much about your flaws, imperfections are natural and real, and in most cases such as spots are just temporary and will fade in due time.

So there are 10 thing's I tell my younger self about beauty and make up.
I really hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you Friday with a new blog post!
Until then,