Monday, 27 October 2014

DIY Rice Krispies Pumpkin Patch!




Hello everyone! 

And for my adorable Halloween post I have made this little pumpkin patches out of Rice Krispies! The method is super simple and all you will need is: 


Marshmallows
Rice Krispies 
A few chocolate Rice Krispies
Spread
Icing 
Orange food colouring

Steps:

First you start by melting some spread in a large saucepan to avoid sticking.



Once melted add your marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.


Once the marshmallows have melted add the orange colouring and stir in. 



I next added my desired amount of Rice Krispies and stired them in until they are all covered.



Then I took spoonfuls of the mixture to build up little piles and once cooler I moulded them into little balls.



Then taking some chocolate Rice Krispies I took some icing and stuck them on top to make the little stalks.




Then taking some green icing I drew on some little leaves and then you are done!





For display I placed mine in a tray I partially filled with chocolate Rice Krispies so it looks like they are in a field. 


I hope you enjoyed this little food DIY!
Until next time!