Sunday, 29 June 2014

Beauty UK: Posh Pout and Blush & Brush♥


Hello lovelies! And today I will be reviewing a brand I've newly discovered called Beauty UK, after reading some blog posts and coming in to contact with them they very kindly sent me a few make up bits to try out. You can get Beauty UK products direct from their website: http://www.beautyukcosmetics.com/ or alternatively you can buy their products from the Superdrug here: http://www.superdrug.com/a-z-brands/beauty-uk/icat/beautyuk

Posh Pout
The first product I will be reviewing is the Posh Pout chunky lip crayon which you can get in a total of six different colours from nudes, pinks, purples and coral. These retail at the very affordable price of £2.99.

Which I got one in the shade 'corally incorrect' which is a pretty coral orange.


On the website these lip balms are claimed to be 'moisture rich with a long lasting punch of colour'. Which I strongly agree with! The product did not feel dry at all and when I wore this on a night out recently and it lasted for many hours. I also find the punch of colour to be very pretty and perfect for the summer, but don't be put off with the bright colours, when applied you can blend it making the final colour more sheer.

I did a swatch of Corally Incorrect to give you an idea of how the colour turns out when applied.

Considering it's colour you'd expect it to have some kind of fruity scent to correspond with it, however to my surprise it's mint scented! Which was very new to me as I have never had a mint scented lip product before however I rather liked it. The scent made me feel more fresh especially if you're getting ready for a night out and you've just brushed your teeth plus you're wearing this product it like mint freshness galore. I don't know why we don't have more products in mint?


Over all I completely adore this product and have really enjoyed wearing it out on those beautiful summer days. It is definitely worth the money and I'm determined to try out more of the Posh Pout colours! So yes I would recommend this to to a friend and definitely re-purchase it.

Blush & Brush

The next product I will be reviewing is Beauty UK's Blush & Brush, A compact blush that comes in a total of five different shades four of which are shimmer and one is matte, they are available from rose shades to peach shades,and also come with a little blush brush. This is also priced at £2.99 and if you buy this from Superdrug it is also included in the buy on get one free offer on selected Beauty UK products, which is a bonus and you should definitely be taking advantage of this offer and grab them while you can!

I got a blush in the shade 'Upper East side' which I can best describe as being a shimmery peachy pink shade.

On the website the blushes as described as a pop of vibrant colour which with its handy compact size and brush it can be applied any time, anywhere. Which I can agree to some extent, yes the blush does give you a pop of colour and yes it is a compact size however it lacks a mirror which is pretty essential if you want to apply on the go, so you'd have to pack a separate compact mirror. But I have worn this on an evening out and it did pass my durability test by lasting most of the night.


When first applied the blush is literally a pop of colour! Quite bright at first which may put you off, however with some blending the final colour can become a pretty glow especially with the shimmer tones in the blushes.

Below I did a swatch of Upper east side that is partially blended out to give you an idea of the final colour.

The brush its self is to a standard quality, however due to its flat compact size it's not really big enough to apply or blend blush properly, so when first applying I would use a big fluffy blusher brush and then use the smaller blush brush it comes with for top ups through out the day.


Over all I do generally enjoy the quality of the blush and I will definitely use the rest of it up as I find it to be quite durable and a very pretty shade. However rather than try out different colours from the Blush & Brush range I'd be much more interested in trying out Beauty UK's Baked Blushes which retail at £3.99. So yes I would recommend to a friend but I would not repurchase this as it's just not for me.

So there are two very different reviews on some products from Beauty UK. I would like to thank Beauty UK for sending me these products to review! I would also like to highlight that this is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own.

What do you think of Beauty UK's products?

Until next time!